Every year, kids excitedly make their holiday wish lists, hoping they will receive that one special toy. To help parents and gift-givers deliver smiles this holiday season, I am thrilled to share the annual Kmart Fab 15 holiday toy list – the ultimate toys that kids want for the holidays. Kmart carefully selects the Fab 15 toys based on input from Sears Holdings associates, kids and parents, Shop Your Way® member feedback as well as more than 50 years of experience in knowing what toys resonate with different ages, stages and play patterns.
The Kmart 2014 Fab 15 list of hot holiday toys includes:
- Disney Doc McStuffins Sleepytime Lambie by Just Play (Kmart exclusive)
- Holiday Auburn Barbie™ 2014 Doll by Mattel® (Kmart exclusive)
- My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks Mane Event Stage Playset by Hasbro® (Kmart exclusive)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® Power Wheels® Lil’ Dune Racer by Fisher-Price® (Kmart exclusive)
- Transformers Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock 12-Inch Electronic Figures by Hasbro® (Kmart exclusives)
- WWE® Cardinal Red John Cena 31” Figure by Wicked Cool Toys® (Kmart exclusive)
- Zoomer Dino by Spin Master™
- Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa Doll by TollyTots
- FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walkin’ Pup Pet by Hasbro®
- LEGO® Super Heroes Line from Marvel™ and DC Comics™
- NERF® Zombie Strike SlingFire Blaster
- Nickelodeon PAW Patrol Look-Out Playset, Vehicles and Figurines, and Rescue Racers by Spin Master™
- Play-Doh® DohVinci Style and Store Vanity Complete Design Set by Hasbro®
- Simon Swipe Game by Hasbro®
- VTech® Kidizoom® Smartwatch
Key 2014 Toy Trends
Many key industry trends helped inform our Fab 15 toy selection. Not too long ago, “micro” and “nano” toys were all the rage but now big toys are becoming more popular due to their role play qualities as well as the fact that they make great, flashy gifts. The WWE 31″ Cardinal Red John Cena figure, a Kmart exclusive, is sure to wow – measuring over 2.5 feet tall and sculpted with high detail, enabling kids to recreate the action of WWE.
Active toys will also be on the top of wish lists this year, encouraging kids to get out and get moving. One of the hottest active trends for the season is archery, which has grown in popularity thanks to movies such as The Hunger Games and Brave. From items like the NERF Rebelle Bow to real archery sets, youth archery is a trend that has spilled over into the sporting goods category. We have significantly increased our assortment of available archery equipment and accessories as more parents are finding it to be a great motivator to get their kids playing with something that doesn’t include a screen.
To help provide parents and gift-givers with even more insight into the season’s hottest trends, Kmart introduced a “Trending Toy Ticker,” at Kmart.com/Fab15. The ticker will continually update with the top-selling toys as the season progresses to help parents who want the latest update on the most buzz-generating toys.
Members Get More
Kmart is offering our Shop Your Way members a free upgrade to Shop Your Way MAX, which includes free two-day shipping for the entire season, with any online purchase of a Fab 15 toy now through Nov. 22. You can also enter for a chance to be one of six people to win all 15 of the Kmart Fab 15 toys at http://www.shopyourway.com/fab15. Members will also be automatically entered to win with the purchase of a Fab 15 toy.
Get the Hottest Toys Early
Getting ahead on holiday shopping ensures that parents will be able to get the toys their kids want most. Announcing the Fab 15 list in September helps parents plan ahead and take advantage of the year-round layaway at Kmart, easing the burden of holiday shopping on tight budgets. Now through Oct. 4, you can put any of the Fab 15 toys on layaway for only $10 down and receive five percent off.
Hugo Malan is the SVP and President, Fitness, Sporting Goods and Toys for Sears Holdings.