Sears Automotive has been awarded the 2014 Head of the Class Award in the National Service Chain category by the Auto Care Association (ACA). This award recognizes companies that continually invest in educating and training their associates. This includes:
- Courses required for technicians to receive the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification.
- Product training hosted by key manufacturers.
- Training in sales and service, as well as a leadership program to facilitate a “We Do What’s Right, NOW” culture.
- Paid for associates to take courses on business analytics, technology, sales, category management, leadership and ethics.
- Introduced “Knowledge Share,” a social interactive website for field associates to submit proven best practices and tips.
It also underscores that this type of investment provides value to associates and their companies, as well as the entire auto care industry.
Winners were selected based on the education and training practices of the company, including what prompted the company to invest in training, the initial goals, the types of training accomplished, results of the training and any future plans.
Regis Rock, Senior Manager of Learning and Development – Automotive, accepted the 2014 Head of the Class Award on behalf of Sears Automotive at the Auto Care Association’s Fall Leadership Days in Boston, Massachusetts on Sept. 4, 2014.
(Left to Right) Susan Kalish, Senior Director, Education for Auto Care Association; Regis Rock, Senior Manager of Learning and Development – Automotive; Mike Mohler, National Pronto Association and the Education Committee chair for Auto Care Association.
Congratulation to Sears Automotive for its continued investment in enhancing the quality and level of learning and skill development of all its associates!
Click here for more information.