At Sears Holdings, we continue to look for more ways to make shopping easier for our Shop Your Way members and customers. We were one of the first retailers to introduce Buy Online, Pick up in Store over 12 years ago and we continue to introduce integrated offerings to help our members and customers shop on their own terms.
Now we’re making it even more convenient by expanding our free store pickup to allow our members to pick up across both of our formats, Sears and Kmart, at more than 2,000 locations nationwide. This new service allows you, our Shop Your Way members and customers, to shop the endless aisles of products on sears.com and kmart.com and pick up your orders at either Sears or Kmart stores nationwide, ready in five minutes or less.
Here’s how it works:
- When shopping on sears.com and kmart.com, select your preferred location. Many items can be picked up at a Sears or Kmart store located near you.
- Place your order using free store pickup and select the location that is most convenient for you.
- We’ll ship your item to the store and let you know when it’s ready.
- Come in to pick it up, send a friend or family member to pick up, or if you prefer, we’ll bring it out to your car with our in-vehicle pickup option at select Sears locations.
- No matter where you pick it up, you will have your product in five minutes or less from the time you arrive at the store.
This service is perfect if you need a variety of items that you can’t pick up from one store. For example, you see a great Craftsman tool set on sears.com but live right next to a Kmart store. You can have the tool set sent to the Kmart store and pick it up for free! Or you can order school supplies on kmart.com, have it shipped to your local Sears store and pick up your kids’ back-to-school outfits and school supplies all in one place.
Here’s a video that illustrates the ease and convenience of free store pickup. This is another way we’ve enhanced our members’ and customers’ shopping experience to make it easy and seamless.
This new capability comes on the heels of the in-vehicle pickup convenience we introduced earlier this year. We’re continuing to expand and build on these integrated retail capabilities, leveraging our stores and digital channels. Stay tuned.
Leena Munjal is SVP of Member Experience and Integrated Retail.