HGTV and DIY Network celebrity Chip Wade and Sears Home Services share tips to help homeowners prepare for the summer season.
Expert craftsman Chip Wade delivered televised and broadcasted interviews with media stations all over the country offering DIY tips for both inside and outside the home. “No one can afford surprises during the sweltering summer months,” Wade said. “By following basic maintenance tips, trying a few quick fixes on your own, and calling in the professionals when needed, homeowners can have peace-of-mind all summer long.”
While Chip spent the better part of a day at Sears Holdings’ IMX studio broadcasting these messages to dozens of stations, his core message about the benefits and effectiveness of Sears Home Services was simple:
Inside the home
- Air conditioning: To prevent breakdowns and improve efficiency, inspect and replace the air filter as frequently as recommended in the owner’s manual. And before the full heat of summer arrives, be sure to call a professional to inspect and tune up the A/C unit as well.
- Washer and dryer: Prevent mold from building in a front-load washer’s gasket seal by running a hot washer load with a cleaner like Washer Magic, available on com.
- Refrigerator water filter: Keep water fresh by changing the filter every six months, either through notifications from a Kenmore smart refrigerator or by joining Sears’ Automatic Reorder program.
Outside the home
- Detect for leaks: Check hoses and exterior faucets for leaks, and place Sears Home Services’ Wally sensors under sinks, near toilets and appliances to detect water leaks and changes in temperature and humidity.
- Clean the grill: Turn a gas grill’s heat up to high, let the grill run with the lid closed for a few minutes and scrub with a grill brush once cooled. Completely empty a charcoal grill and wipe out any ashy residue, cleaning it inside and out with hot water, a scrubby sponge and some liquid dishwashing soap.
When it’s time to call an expert
For expert help, Sears Home Services technicians can come to the home to perform a comprehensive HVAC or kitchen and laundry maintenance check – a 64-point inspection of appliances, cleaning and testing to ensure they’re operating properly.
As the nation’s number one provider of appliance services, Sears Home Services has more than 5,000 expert technicians who make nearly five million service calls annually. Sears offers a complete solution for homeowners, helping members purchase, service and replace their appliances, as well as manage and maintain their homes and a variety of products within their homes, from fitness equipment to lawn mowers and snow blowers. Sears has the largest fleet of services technicians in neighborhoods throughout the U.S. Check out our press release for more information.